Sunday, December 18, 2011

30 Day Lemon Water Challenge - update!


Welp, I'm a little over halfway thru my month long lemon water challenge. Unfortunately, I had to revise my parameters right off the bat. Trying to go cold turkey on caffeine was a horrible mistake... you know those kind of headaches... where it hurts to raise your eyebrows or blink. Yeah. I tried gradually weening off the coffee in the morning, but drinking water at 7 AM is disgusting! So my new guidelines are my 2 cups of coffee every morning, but after that, it's water for the rest of the day. Even though my lover Diet Coke calls to me for a lunch time rendezvous, I have been successful at telling him "no."

My parents have jumped on the lemon water bandwagon as well. Mom bought me this cool little handheld juicer. (I have a odd obsession with kitchen gadgets.) We've read that you need to include 3 TBSP. of lemon juice in your water to make it worth it. That much of the bottled lemon juice was pretty gross, but I love the fresh stuff!
Yay cool juicer! 

Daily water intake (in ounces)

I started off pretty strong right off the bat, but I need to get back into it. However, some of the benefits I noticed even after the first few days include:

  • Not feeling nearly as sluggish in the afternoon... my 3 PM coma is hardly noticeable!
  • My skin and lips aren't dry (even as we approach the cold winter weather)
  • My complexion is surprisingly clearer than normal
  • Before drinking water, my body would feel almost bloated and fatigued after sitting at a desk all day, but now I feel like it's a second wind!
  • ...and the best possible outcome... I don't feel the need to snack in between meals! Woot! 

1 comment:

  1. Helpful infoгmation. Fortunate me Ӏ diѕcoveгed
    your wеbsite aсcіdentаlly, and Ι am stunnеԁ why this cοіnciԁence diԁn't took place earlier! I bookmarked it.

    My web site - used bucket trucks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my blog! Follow me on Twitter at @aarch5!

Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover