Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011

Merry (day after) Christmas everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend with friends and family. I know I sure did. Christmas day was busy as usual for Clay and I. Opened up gifts in the morning with my parents, sister, her boyfriend, Clay and all 3 dogs. Then we made it to grandma and grandpa's in time for an amazing dinner (as usual). Feeling all sorts of full and ready for a nap, we played Catch Phrase, our gift exchange game and opened gifts from the grandparents. Around 5:00, we left to go over to mom and dad Arch's house. Today we celebrated Christmas with only the immediate family over at my in-laws.... exchanged gifts and played the annual Christmas trivia gift game.

I am fortunate enough to have always gotten what I wanted/more than what I needed for Christmas. My parents and grandparents are the most generous people I have ever met and they make sure that Christmas is amazing year after year. A simple thank you to each and every one of them will never be enough, but in case you're reading this, thank you from the bottom of my heart for making the holidays truly special for me. I hope someday that I can repay you for all that you've provided for me.

Among the piles of new clothes, jewelry and household whatnots, there were two specific gifts that I'm overly excited about. From my mom, a brand new Singer Curvy sewing machine! My mom is a great seamstress and I hope some of that rubbed off on me. Considering I haven't sewn anything since 8th grade home economics, I may need to watch some tutorials. Any suggestions?



My other super awesome gift is this beautiful, custom-made speech bubble hanging bookshelf that my dad made himself (and mom painted)! My dad is an incredible craftsman and has made so many beautiful pieces of furniture over the years... some that can even be found in my home. I cannot wait to hang this shelf over top of the desk that he also built. Thank you both for these great gifts! 


Update 12/28: I almost forgot about a couple other very special gifts! My cousin Miranda made all of us cousins a make-up bag out of Great-Grandma Toni's old dresses. I absolutely love gifts like this! Sure I have some nicknacks and whatnots of Gma T's, but there's just something about functional, repurposed items... especially stuff that she use to wear and us "kids" remember. Thanks Miranda for such a great gift!



...and speaking of Gma T, my sister, being the hoot she is, got me this ornament:


Yes, that is a pierogi ornament. She also included a tag on it that said, "In loving memory of Great-Grandma Toni; making people fat for almost a century." God Bless my bake-aholic, Polish grandmother. xoxo
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover