Friday, December 23, 2011

DIY: Paper starburst garland

Soooooo, many moons ago, I started hoarding paper samples, magazines, old books, etc. Then I got this 2" circle paper punch. Now I hoard circles.  :/

Paper punch addict.

I recently used some of these circles in my paper ornament ball tutorial. Today's crafty project is a paper starburst garland. Depending on the paper color and print, this can be holiday themed or just every day decor.



2" circle paper punch
Greetings cards or cardstock
Glue
String



Fold the circles in half and really make sure you have a distinct crease. I used 12 circles for my particular garland.



Choose a pattern and begin gluing the backs of each half circle together until you form a complete ball. 




String them along the ribbon or string of your choice and display!

4 comments:

  1. Cute!!! thanks for linking up to Uncommon this week!

    Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific idea!
    I love it. I may just have to use this... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystelle, thanks for swinging by! They're a lot of fun to make... especially putting together the pattern and color combinations. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. What a great way to reuse old cards, too. The looks is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my blog! Follow me on Twitter at @aarch5!

Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover