Thursday, December 1, 2011

30 Day Lemon Water Challenge


I came across this pin on Pinterest about the multiple benefits of drinking lemon water:

  1. Balances pH - Lemon is an acidic food, but once metabolized, it becomes alkaline. Alkalies help keep the oxygen in our blood at a safe pH level which helps our body heal itself, assimilate nutrients and fight off unwanted sickness. I tend to avoid green vegetables like the plague, so this seems like a more manageable approach for me. 
  2. Keeps skin clear + glowing - Hydration moisturizes our skin from the inside out and lemon also contains lots of Vitamin C, which helps with wrinkles and blemishes. As a 25-year-old with the skin of a prepubescent teenager, I'm already sold.
  3. Kick starts the digestive system - A big glass of water encourages the liver to produce bile which in turn aids in digestion. It increases urination which helps purify it. It also helps with heartburn and constipation.
  4. Helps with weight loss - Keeping the body in an alkaline state apparently helps people lose weight baster. Lemons are high in fiber pectin which helps keep one full longer. They also have a diuretic effect which helps with water weight gain.
  5. Helps kick the caffeine habit - All I can say is, "I sure hope so." I drink a thermos of coffee (roughly 2 cups) every morning at work. I don't necessarily drink it for the pick me up, but more so to hold off needing to eat breakfast until later in the morning. I also use to never drink pop. One can a month... maybe. Now, thanks to Gentex and their free pop, I'm a Diet Coke addict. Crap.  

I no nutritionist and I'm pretty naive on the nutritional disadvantages or benefits of most foods. So I have no idea how much of that is true, but I do know that water = good and caffeine = bad. With that said, starting today, December 1, I am giving up coffee and pop for the rest of the month and replacing it with as much water as I can handle.

Will keep you posted on the progress and on any noticeable advantages.

1 comment:

  1. I constantly spent my half an hour to read this blog's posts daily along with a mug of coffee.

    Also visit my webpage - best Registry cleaners
    Also see my website :: best registry cleaners

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my blog! Follow me on Twitter at @aarch5!

Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover