Monday, October 22, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Pizza recipe



I sort of combined two different meal ideas on this one. I originally was just going to cook up some crock pot buffalo chicken and eat on sub buns, but then I found a recipe for homemade pizza dough. So behold, buffalo chicken pizza.


CROCK POT BUFFALO CHICKEN

  • 3 lb. bag of frozen chicken breast
  • 1 packet ranch dressing seasoning
  • 1 bottle Franks Wings sauce (or any buffalo sauce)

Combine all ingredients into crock pot. Let the chickies swim on low for 6-7 hours. Shred the chicken and let simmer another hour.


HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH

  • 1 C. warm water
  • 1 pkg. dry active yeast (.25 oz)
  • 2 3/4 C. flour
  • 1 t. sugar
  • 1 t. salt
  • 2 T. olive oil

Place water in a small bowl and stir in yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 1/2 cups flour, sugar and salt. Make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture and olive oil. Stir until dough comes together and forms a ball. Turn out onto floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, ad as much of the remaining 1/4 cup of flour as needed. Form into disk and place in a bowl that has been lightly oiled with olive oil. Cover and let rise for 2 hours in a warm place. Remove dough and punch down. Roll into desired diameter.

Nutrition facts: 191 calories, 4 grams fat, 5 grams protein, 34 grams carbs and 1 gram fiber

Word to the wise! I thought I could handle the dough without greasing up my hands. Um no. This is the stickiest damn dough I have ever handled in my life. May as well have been rolling Gorilla Glue around in my hands. Grease your hands with olive oil before handling!!! 



Place shredded chicken onto rolled out dough, spoon out some sauce from the crock pot and put in over at 350 degrees. I think mine took about 30 minutes, but keep checking on it until it's done. Throw some mozzarella cheese on top when it's close to down and bake until cheese is melted.

I have yet to find a buffalo chicken pizza recipe that is super saucy and this one was a bit drier than I would have liked. (Any suggestions folks?) I ended up pouring some more buffalo sauce and of course some ranch on it before I ate it. I really liked it otherwise.

2 comments:

Thank you for checking out my blog! Follow me on Twitter at @aarch5!

Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover