Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Yellow + Grey Gender Neutral Nursery

Yes, I know I already posted pictures of Brody's nursery... but that was before it was completely done and before I had a really nice camera. Since I last posted photos, a few updates have been made...


Our spare bedroom's walls started out this um, unique shade of sea foam green. That had to go. Check out my tutorial on how to paint straight, clean lines on your wall.


The fake family didn't have to live in the frames for long before we printed Brody's newborn pictures. For as many awesome pictures as we have of him, I have a feeling I'll be changing up those frames quite often. Originally, the frames were black and mirror was white.


I created an 18x24 inch alphabet print with shades of yellow and grey to match the room's color scheme. A huge thank you to Holland Litho, one of my favorite vendors from work, for printing it for me! It turned out beautifully. The yellow frame now holds Brody's, Clay's and my hospital birth photos. 


We also hung a shelf over Brody's crib to display the wooden train set from his Aunt Shelby and Uncle Ken. That too was painted to match the decor. The mobile was made with metal rings from Hobby Lobby, fishing line and the same paper starbursts I created for my holiday garland...  just on a smaller scale. 



Mama Z finished off the quilt she made for Brody by embroidering his name and birthday in the corners. She also sewed the pillow, handkerchief curtain, bumper pads, three sets of bedding, crib skirt and two contoured changing pad covers. Aren't moms wonderful? :)


I took full advantage of the closet shelves with these canvas collapsable totes. They hold Brody's outerwear, socks, bibs, burp clothes, a few books and toys, etc. to free up drawer space... all nicely labeled of course. Clothes size dividers are super helpful too and I would highly recommend them. 

Resources
Crib and dresser set - Essentials Collection from Baby Cache (via Babies R Us)
Chair - La-Z-Boy Niagra Glider (pattern: handsome, color: steel)
Paint - Behr Classic Silver, Behr Ultra Pure White and Dutch Boy Polished Gold
Carpet - Mohawk Smartstrand squall line (via Lowes)
Mirror + picture frames - Meijer 
Canvas totes, closet organizer + shelf - Menards
Touchlamp - refurbished 
Bedding/linens - homemade with fabric from Hobby Lobby

23 comments:

  1. I've honestly seen a more beautiful nursery. You have done such a fantastic job.
    I hope you know I'll be looking for you expert advise someday.
    Jeez, is there anything you CAN'T do?

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous nursery!! It's so beautiful! I absolutely love the grey and yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'd like to invite you to link up to Show and Tell Saturday at Sassy Little Lady!

    http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-4-plus-a-giveaway

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathie, all linked up! :) I would love to be a guest blogger highlighting my nursery if that's an appropriate topic. Let me know if you're interested!

      Delete
  4. Love this!! I've been thinking about gray walls for our nursery. Now you are making me reconsider gray and white strips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors! Makes me want to redo my sons room in these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did my daughter's nursery in yellow and gray with touches of pink and turquoise. Love that color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great. I love the grey and yellow combo. Thank you for sharing at A Crafty Soiree.

    Sarah
    http://sarahmschultz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. Yellow and Grey is such a chic color combination but still sweet enough for a baby. I want a room that looks like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I'm pretending Brody loves it too. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. color combinations are just too cute... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous nursery! I'm in love! I popped over from Homemaker on a Dime. Thanks for sharing!!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute nursery! It turned out adorable! Love the alphabet print you made as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woooo! I love this! I'm doing my son's nursery in grey, blue and white chevron (as soon as I get some time... does that exist?) and I'm thinking I may have to steal some of your ideas! haha No but seriously, this was pretty much how I envision my son's!

    I'd love love love it if you would share this post on F-it Fridays sometime-
    http://www.parloandlogi.com/category/f-it-friday/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissy! Will definitely swing by and link up on Friday! Good luck with your son's room. Check on my post on painting clean stripes... hope it helps! http://andreaarchambault.blogspot.com/2012/11/diy-how-to-paint-perfect-wall-stripes.html

      Delete
  13. What a great color scheme! All the little details add so much. I especially love that you put all your baby pictures together in the same frame!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I love every detail! That mobile might be my favorite. :) Lucky baby! Thanks for linking this up to Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely adore this room. It's so clean and fresh. I wanted to let you know I'm featuring it when my link party opens up tonight. So glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! I'll be sure to include a feature link as soon as your party is live! :)

      Delete
  16. so beautiful! I love that is gender neutral, yet you could add some bits of blue or pink (or other color) if you wanted and still keep the main concept...Emily @ Nap-Time Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my blog! Follow me on Twitter at @aarch5!

Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover