Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Children Are Tanks

After a scheduling error with my doctor's office, Brody and I were finally able to get in for his two month appointment yesterday afternoon. Poor lil man was so happy going IN to the appointment... not so much on the way out. He was screaming, I was pittin' out... good grief. He cried pretty hard for almost ten minutes after his shots, whimpered during checkout and half the way home and then passed out.


My favorite thing about Brody is he always seems to know when I need a big smile. We barely got him out of the carrier and he was grinning from ear to ear. He was the happiest lil man for about two hours... then all hell broke loose. I opted to not give him any Tylenol prior to the appointment after reading about pros and cons online and wasn't going to give him any meds unless he needed it afterwards. Poor lil guy woke up from a nap and starting crying so hard. He had to be hurtin' because after some grape Tylenol (nom nom) and some cuddles, he fell asleep for the night.

Brody started out as a big baby right away with a birth weight of 9 lbs 2 oz. Not overwhelmingly large and definitely didn't have the length I would've guessed. Hoooooowwwwwwever.... at almost 11 weeks, my "little" man is 15 lbs 6 oz and 24.5 inches long. He's in the 87th, 89th and 97th percentiles for height, weight and head circumference respectively.

DATE WEIGHT HEIGHT
November 29 9 lbs 1.9 oz 21 inches
December 3 9 lbs 2 oz 21 inches
December 10 9 lbs 2.4 oz 21 inches
January 3 11 lbs 9.2 oz 21.5 inches
February 7 15 lbs 4.4 oz n/a
February 12 15 lbs 5.8 oz 24.5 inches

Holy crap. No wonder his 3-6 month clothes are already tight on him. Now I know why my mom put me in sweatpants all those years when I'd outgrow outfits in a matter of weeks. Oh well, when warmer weather hits, my house is pants optional anyways.

In addition to my sweet lil chunk, as I mentioned in Sunday's post, Zora hit the 90 lb mark on the scale. Shocked the heck out of me considering A) she doesn't look like it at all, and B) the APB thought she'd be a 45-60 lb dog. Hahaha! My kids are such tanks. We're a family of large thick healthy individuals... except for Clay. He's still got the body of a pre-pubescent lil boy.

Other than that, not much else going on. Quit my dance class the other week. Big surprise there. I'm still not big into working out in a group, I have two left feet and the most awesome reason of all... post-baby body + jumping around = a major need for Depends. God's punishing me for all those years my sister and I laughed at mom for not being able to jump on the trampoline with us. Damnit. Sorry mom, I understand now. 
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover