Saturday, May 19, 2012

Fruits + Veggies Pregnancy Reveal

Do you remember those paper link chains that you used to make way back in kindergarden to count down days until school was out or days until your birthday? Well, those are still a running gag in my family. My sister and I both had one to count down the days until college graduation and my dad has one until retirement. So when it came time to announce to my parents that we were expecting, it seemed only fitting to do it with a chain.

There was a link for each week that contained the following information: how far along the baby is (in weeks), the dates of that week, how big the baby is (compared to fruits and veggies) and a picture of the appropriate food. If you're tracking your pregnancy on thebump.com, it'll tell you each week how big your baby is in reference to a food.

After giving my parents a sweet pea (week 6) and telling them that was the size of their grandchild, we presented them with the chain. Now we celebrate mini birthdays every Wednesday. Next week, Peach will be 13 weeks. :) Since we're not finding out the gender and don't have any creative nicknames, we just refer to the bump as whatever food it is that week.

Now available in my Etsy shop! 
These make great gifts for expecting parents and grandparents-to-be!





11 comments:

  1. What an adorable idea! I love it. I hope your pregnancy continues to go well!! I'm excited to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara! So far so good... fingers crossed! Thanks for following. :)

      Delete
  2. Cute idea! I don't know about calling the baby prune, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, what a fun idea! I love it!
    You will be featured tonight! I hope you'll come and grab a button! ;)
    xoxo!
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby and I are looking for something just like your weekly baby chain. Do you have the word document/PDF that you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not create them in a format that would be editable unless you have the Adobe Creative Suites. I do, however, offer the chain on my Etsy page for purchase. I format all the links for you, print, cut and ship the links to you within a week or so. Check it out!

      https://www.etsy.com/listing/102605758/custom-pregnancy-countdown-paper-chain

      Delete
  5. Super cute idea!

    I would love for you to share this and link up to my TGIF Link Party! Who knows, you just might be featured next week!

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-peek-into-my-paradise-tgif-link-party.html

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea! During my sister's pregnancy, she was always looking for a unique way to tell us how much the baby was growing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my blog! Follow me on Twitter at @aarch5!

Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover