Friday, May 25, 2012

Wrappin' up the 1st trimester

Many moons ago, I told Clay that it was going to be forever before the baby gets here. Uhhhh, I'm already a 1/3 of the way there?! Where did that time go? Well, I guess the first 10 weeks or so were spent in a highly comatose state, so maybe that's why I don't remember anything.

Spent Wednesday night confirming that I'd rather plan my wedding 100 times over prepping for a baby. Not that it's any more fun, but choosing the wrong shade of tulle wasn't going to result in a health or safety issue for anyone. Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby should have warnings on the door that state "it is certain that you will instantly become very overwhelmed and your brain will explode." Most of my big ticket items were fairy easy to wrap my head around. Not that I've narrowed anything down besides the nursery furniture, but I generally understood the concept. Until I got to car seats...

I originally planned on going the humongous harnessed car seat option for both vehicles. They adapt to the baby's ever changing height and weight and then become forward facing when the time is right... makes sense. But then what does one do without the carrier?! I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to grow a second set of arms in the next 6 months, so I feel like a carrier is borderline necessary. (Moms, am I right?) So then I turned to the carrier with car seat base option. Still makes sense... but then when they grow out of the carrier, do you still have to go the giant harnessed seat anyway?

Apparently another pregnancy symptom is just feeling dumb.  

Anyways, pants don't reeeeeally fit anymore. Awesome. Already had a dress completely reject me, so why not all my dress pants too. On Wednesday, I still felt like I had just eaten a really big meal and needed to find some sweatpants asap. The very next day, I think my belly shot out of nowhere. It was crazy how different I looked and felt in just a day. Can't wait to actually feel the baby move so I don't just feel like a fatty pants.

Gotta squeeze in a bathing suit tomorrow... this is gonna suck. The Bump.com says lots of couples take "babymoons" in the second trimester to get away and women feel super sexy sporting their lil baby bump in a bikini. Uhhhh... kudos to those moms. I think I shall remain content in my sweatpants well into the summer months.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the dreaded carseat dilemma! I've been there. We went with the all-in-one convertible carseat with Leighton. I thought the carrier seemed pointless because they are HEAVY and she'd probably grow out of it very quickly, according to a lot of other Moms. It worked out really well for us because we lived in California at the time and the weather was great so you never had to worry about taking her to and from the car in cold weather. And I'm kind of a hermit so I never really went out with her while she was that little unless absolutely necessary, and then I would use my stroller.

    This time, however, we're planning to get the carrier for a few reasons. The weather; I'm due in Oct (I think you're in Nov, right?) and it'll be cold before we know it. They'll stay warmer in the carrier plus if it happens to get icy and I slip while they're in the carrier, they'll be safe(r) than if I'm just carrying. Plus for me, there's no way I can carry a baby from the car to the house AND corral Leighton. lol.

    Anyway, whatever you decide, it'll work out. That's the hard part with the first... you never know what you will need and don't need. Everyone is different. You'll find things you wish you had done and things you're so glad you did. It's part of the fun... figuring it all out! I'm so happy for you guys! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a carrier! We weren't planning on getting a carrier either, but we ended up buying one a couple weeks before she was born. So glad we did! It makes things like going to church, grocery store and other places so much easier. And if baby falls asleep in the car, you don't wake them up trying to get them out. Stella is 8 months, and still in her carrier. She's a little peanut and still hasn't out grown it. Ours is super light weight, but I do remember there were some heavy ones. So, I recommend just going into the store and lifting all of them and maybe if you have a heavy purse, throwing that in it to get a feel for what it would be like with baby in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my blog! Follow me on Twitter at @aarch5!

Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover