Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Team Pink

Due to Valentine's Day and a broken water main, I missed two weeks in a row at HHS (sorry kids). I noticed a few things upon my return:

1. There's a new color coordinated system implemented so that dogs are monitored equally and the staff/volunteers can get use to working with a specific group of dogs when it comes to training. I'm on the pink team. This includes all the lil pups and some of the medium/large dogs.

2. My friend Tucker was missing. :( He was the first dog I had the chance to interact with at HHS and he had been there a really long time. Tucker was a 60-ish lb. dog who thought he was a lap dog. When I saw that his cage had a new occupant, I thought the worst. But alas, Tucker was adopted! Oh, happy days!

Well, normally I would reserve my furry kid rants to my Make Your ♥ Melt Monday posts, but I feel the need to add a couple more featured furry kids due to reason #3:

3. Every cage is FULL... plus some of the space in between cages used to temporarily hold the dogs while you clean the pens. So many animals, so few homes. :( 

With that said, below is part II of my cuteness overload because there's definitely an urgency right now to find homes for these animals. No empty cages = animals being put down. Take a look and, as always, please contact me if you have questions. xoxo

Aurora is a female Rat Terrier.

Brownie is a female Labrador Retriever.

Candy is a female Chihuahua.

Milo is a male Pit Bull/Terrier mix.

Patrick is a male Rottweiler.
Be sure to click on the captions to read more about each dog and take a look at all the other animals the Harbor Humane Society has to offer. 

Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover