Monday, March 21, 2011

Make Your ♥ Melt Monday

So my blog focuses a little bit more than I had anticipated on the furry kids. Not that it's a bad thing, but I just really haven't had much to say lately. This past Saturday, I attended the Bodies Revealed Exhibit at the Grand Rapids Museum with my sister and two cousins. I thought it was absolutely fascinating and would encourage everyone to go see it. I especially loved the pregnancy section. Quite possibly too much for my ovaries to handle. To see a 4 week old fetus only an inch long and be able to see the fingers and toes was just so incredible. After the exhibit, we met up with Clay and another cousin back at my house for dinner and games.

Being that yesterday was an extremely lazy, rainy Sunday, I am having a rough time getting motivated today. I downed an entire pot of coffee before 9AM and am contemplating the 5 Hour Energy shot right now. I'm probably going to need it with both doggies and grocery shopping yet tonight. Eww. Hopefully I can make it through doggy time WITHOUT someone sticking their lovely poo-covered paw on me so I don't have to go to the grocery store in poo clothes. I brought an extra tshirt, but not extra pants. This could be interesting.

Although I love my weekly furry kids, I'm slightly dreading going tonight. Last week's visit was both physically and mentally exhausting. Most of the small (20 lbs. or less) dogs were gone, so I was responsible for the 20-65 lb. dogs. Having to reach over my head, get a good hold on the squirming dog, lift him down and put a slip knot leash over his head while he's freaking out is draining after awhile. I almost had a beagle get loose on me after I battled with his leash for 5 minutes. Hopefully I have some teeny tiny dogs who just want to be held and petted tonight. ::Wishful thinking::

But as always, here are this week's featured furry kids:

Boston is a male Labrador Retriever Pit Bull Terrier mix.

Dillon is a male American Bulldog mix.

Ernest is a male Boxer mix.

Lacey is a female Hound mix.

Lucky is a male Beagle mix.

Milo is a male Jack Russell Terrier.
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover