Friday, March 18, 2011

5?F

I think I'll jump on the bandwagon with this whole Five Question Friday thing like so many other bloggers. I'm kind of a dork and like filling out those questionnaires and, let's face, my brain can't formulate my own thoughts or ideas this late on a Friday. So ladies and gents, the premier 5?F post:


1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is?
Unfortunately, it's a dishwater dirty blonde... I think. Well, I have winter hair and summer hair, so the dark roots coming in during the winter have to be tortured by highlighting kits. I hate my hair color. Sometimes I have the strong urge to go brunette... like way dark. If you know me though, you know I pretty much suck at hair maintenance. With my luck, my roots would decide to come in blonde then. Oh well. I guess the 50/50 peroxide water mixture and I will forever be friends.

2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants?
I'm a planner. Andrea doesn't know really how to fly by the seat of her pants. I like to look ahead: Where do I want to go? What do I want to get accomplished? What obligations are already in place? For example, this summer: 
  • Anniversary road trip to Cedar Point and continued to West Virginia to see the folks
  • I will kill that $%&@! ivy and grow grass
  • We will be putting up a fence so Miss Zayla doesn't have to be put on a rope and so I can get my own dog.  :)

3. What is your favorite meal to cook?
Eww. I'm going to amend this question slightly because I'm not a fan of cooking... period. So, what favorite food must I prepare in order to eat? Probably enchiladas. It's the fastest to throw together, lower probability of screwing it up, and oh so nummy.

4. Do you get offended by not receiving thank yous?
I was raised that if you receive something from someone, a thank you card or some sort of thank you should follow in the immediate future. No, I don't raise a stink about not getting one in return, but I do think it's quite rude. If I spend the time getting you something or doing a favor for you, you can take 5 minutes to write a card and throw it in the mail. 

5. How did you meet your best friend?
I'm not the kind of person who has many friends. Sure, I have acquaintances and people who I see often and get along with, but few friends. The following three are my faves: 

  • MOOSE We both played volleyball at Ferris and we met in 2004. Unfortunately, we didn't really become close until the semester before she graduated. And even more unfortunate-er, she moved to Florida with her husband. I miss her. :(
  • CLAY I played club volleyball with one of his sisters, Abbey. I joked that there were no tall, good-looking guys at my high school, so she set me up with one of her guy friends, Bobby. We went on a group blind date to the movies and Bobby brought along Clay. This arrogant little shit threw candy at me during the movie and called me out on my dislike of cheerleaders in front of his cheerleading date. What an ass. Nine years later, he's still kinda an ass, but I love him.
  • MOM Do I really need to go into detail on how we met? I miss my mommy. 
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover