Thursday, March 3, 2011

Point of view...

Tree-hugging, dog-loving, obsessive compulsive designer and dreamer.

After a few tries and some extensive Thesaurus use, that's what I came up with as my unofficial "about me tagline." Apparently, using the term "tree-hugger" was grounds for a very heated dinner table discussion the other day between my husband and I. Clay, being an avid outdoorsman, said I should refrain from using that because it will give people the wrong idea about me. Bad for business. So I turned to my trusty friend Google for his opinion:

"...derogatory term for environmentalists who support restrictions on the logging industry and the preservation of forests."

Clay 1, Andrea 0

But wait! Hold the phone. I'm not one to let Clay win THAT easily, especially on this. See, he doesn't quite understand my passion for recycling, not wasting things, animals and other environmental issues. So after a quick chat with my pal Google, I found this:

"...an environmentalist or one who believes trees and all living things should not be cut down or harmed. Someone who works to protect the environment from destruction or pollution."

Clay 1, Andrea 1

So I turn to you guys. Which definition do you most associate with the term "tree-hugger"? Would it turn you away from contacting me for freelance design work or wouldn't you think twice about it?  

Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover