Friday, July 13, 2012

20 weeks

How far along:
20 weeks

Total weight gain/loss:
Roughly 15 lbs. Damn you Oreos for at least half that weight gain.



Milestones:
Had our big 20 week ultrasound this morning! Very exciting... other than the fact that I was pretty sure I was going to wet my pants this morning. Drink 32 oz. of water and not pee for 3 hours?! I can't even do that when I'm NOT pregnant. I was contemplating a pair of Depends this morning, but thankfully I got through the ultrasound accident free.

Lil Arch was surprisingly VERY active! Apparently my placenta is on top of the uterus which is the reason behind why I can't feel any movement yet. Go figure. (Side note: being pregnant makes me really regret not taking an anatomy class in school.) Anyways, the little one also had hiccups and had its face smashed into the side of my uterus which made things a little difficult when it came to getting a profile shot. Oh well, lots of really creepy, yet really awesome, full face shots.

Most hilarious moment of the day... the ultrasound technician confirmed that all the measurements put Lil Arch right at the 20 week and 4 day mark. EXCEPT for the legs. They measured at almost 22 weeks. No way! My baby?! Long legs?! Future volleyball/basketball player in the making.



.

Maternity clothes:
I can still fit into my pants, but since my belts said the hell with you around week 10, I've resorted to loose fitting skirts since then. Skirts are the most awesome pregnancy outfits ever, just sayin'. I went out and purchased a few pairs of maternity capris, a skirt and a couple tops, but that's about it. More of just in case clothes.

Stretch marks:
None yet. My cocoa butter with shea and I are BFFs. Luckily though, stretch marks don't appear to be too hereditary in my family… thank God.

Sleep:
Jumpy legs, burning feet and sore joints making sleeping a pretty rough time of day. I try to make sure I'm good and tired before crawling into bed so I can just pass out. Waking up the last couple weeks have been rough. My hips, lower back and butt are killing me and the pain tends to last most of the day.

Best moment last week:
Last week we started on our nursery! Mama Z came over two days in a row to help me paint. Well, she painted all the walls and ceiling while I scooted around on my butt painting trim. Unfortunately, we won't get to painting the stripes for another week and a half yet. Our dressers and crib also came in last week so hopefully tomorrow we can go pick those up and the glider should be here shortly. I can't wait for the whole room to come together!

Movement:
Around week 16, I THINK I felt the "flutter" everyone had told me about. Can't be sure, but that was my first weird feeling in my stomach. For the last week and a half, there have been a few times I may or may not have felt something. Nothing substantial yet where I've been like "oh wow there's a baby in there!" Apparently it's because my placenta is on top of my uterus. Don't know what that means, but that's what I've been told.

Food cravings:
I've always loved my Oreos, but pregnancy has made my self-control go from scarce to non existent. I've also loved my Mac 'N Cheese the last couple weeks. Nom.

Gender:
Don't know, don't care.

Labor signs:
Too early.

Belly button in/out: 
Still in innie. Thank God. The second it becomes an outie or a flatie, I may freak out. Not a fan of weird belly buttons.

Annoyances:
Walking around like an old lady. Good Lord. My back hurts, my butt hurts, my joints ache… I may as well be 90 years old. So now the epic battle between "man, I gotta pee" and "uh, can't walk" begins…

Mood swings:
EVERYTHING makes me cry. And I have an even lower bull shit tolerance. Beware ya'll.

What I miss:
Being useful. Twenty five pound weight limit, please. I'm really tired of standing around waiting for someone a little less useless to come by and give me a hand lifting or carry things. Sorry husband and co-workers for making you do such simple tasks for me.

One of the things I never thought would make the "things I miss" list is drinking. No, I'm not a big drinker by any means, but especially being out by the pool in the summer with family, I'd absolutely love a nice cold girly drink. Mama Z has been super awesome at keeping our freezers stocked with virgin slushes and daiquiris. High five!

What I'm looking forward to:
Well, obviously the end of November, but also to really feel the baby move! Go ahead, kick me in the ribs… I welcome it. I can't wait to really feel it move and even more so to the point where Clay can feel the movement too.

I also can't wait to start officially nesting. The big nursery projects (painting, carpet and furniture) are underway. Once they're all in, I can begin my favorite part… organizing! Yay! (Side note: a huge thank you to Brenda Martin for making closet clothes organizers for Lil Arch! Love them!)
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover