Monday, November 14, 2011

Five Love Languages

I'm stealing this blog post from That's So City because I think the Five Love Languages is one of the most simple and accurate relationship assessment out there. I strongly encourage everyone to take this short and easy quiz to know what category you fall into... to become more aware if nothing else.




If you score above a 12 in any category, that is your specific love language. It is, however, possible to have more than one. My highest scoring category was Word of Affirmation followed by Physical Touch.

Word of Affirmation: Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important—hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten.
Physical Touch: This language isn’t all about the bedroom. A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, holding hands, and thoughtful touches on the arm, shoulder, or face—they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive.

I thought for sure that touch would be my number one and acts of service number two, but after reading the description for words of affirmation, I can see how it applies more to my marriage at this time. As much as I love a close embrace or being surprised by a chore being done without having to ask, sometimes I just need to hear that I'm on his mind or have his undivided attention. The biggest thing I've discovered with marriage is that now there are so many other things to steal away your attention. Chores, work, dogs, bills... :cough: hunting/fishing/golf.... you get the idea. Bottom line, it's just nice to hear that you're still the most important thing on his mind.
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover