Monday, August 5, 2013

Biker Brody: The Most Adorable Kid in a Helmet

We've had a trip to Mackinaw Island planned for a couple months now with the family. I've been doing a ton of research on baby bike seats all summer trying to find the right one. What a hassle that turned out to be. I have thicker mountain bike tires which don't fit most seats and my bike is pretty old so it was lacking some of the requirements. I finally opted for the Topeak BabySeat, but even then, Papa Z had to do a bit of tweaking.



It was important to me to find a rear-mounted seat for Brody. I most definitely didn't want one mounted on the handle bars because they scare the shit out of me. I can't believe those are even legal. I also didn't want to go with a bike trailer because I'm certain I wouldn't get the use out of it simply because of its size and the convenience factor. Yes, I know the trailers are safer and recommended for younger children and I'm also aware "they" don't recommend children under a year on bikes. Well, Brody was born with superhuman-like neck muscles and let's face it, he's bigger than most two-year-olds.

So we're biking partners now.


Mama Z, Brody and I set off on our first bike ride together Sunday evening. First of all, I just want to make it known that Brody can rock any kind of helmet and be the most adorable kid ever. That's simply a fact. (Unbiased, of course.)


He absolutely loved it! I figured since he's super nosey in his stroller, that he'd be content on the back of a bike. We rode from my parent's house, through Hoffmaster State Park and back. The kid never moved. He just stared back and forth the entire trip and never made a peep. I have no doubt that he's going to just love Mackinaw next weekend (especially the ponies.)

Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover