Friday, May 27, 2011

5?F

The sun is shining, it finally stopped raining and I'm t-minus 6 1/2 hours away from a three day weekend. Most definitely a happy Friday! Plans for most of the weekend include camping at Bass Lake with a bunch of Clay's friends. I can't say that I'm exactly 100% thrilled about going, but there's just so much going on around the house right now that I was hoping to take full advantage of the long weekend.

My mom and I currently have weekly paint dates in an effort to transform my pre-loved dining room set from worn down and lackluster to chic and dazzling. Clay and I bought this set from a couple in Spring Lake right before we got married. Complete with six chairs and three various sized leaves, the table was just the right size for the two of us, but could easily accommodate 8+ people. Plus it was a pretty decent deal and they knocked an additional $40 off of it when we saw that two of the leaves had obviously had something very hot set on them. We're busy stripping off what's left of the varnish and painting it with a black semi-gloss lacquer. Mmm. Can't wait until it's finished!

Sneak peak at a couple of our new and improved chairs!

Great news! After months of searching and finally convinced that our neighbors planted a tree on the last property stake we're looking for... I begged the surveying company that originally did our lot to give us a deal on finding the one stake. The guy agreed to come out for $50 and help us out. Thank God I got that in writing because I may or may not have failed to mention that we think it's underneath a tree. Whoops, must have slipped my mind. So, they'll be out in the next week or so to mark the stake and send us on our merry fence building way. PS... if anyone is looking for something to do the weekend of June 18-19... there will be good food and cold drinks at my house! Minor catch though... you have to help with the fence.  ;)

Clay and I also made great headway on prepping the backyard last weekend. Ran some rope between the back two stakes and cleared out all the brush. Clay and his hand saw went ape shit on all the ugly, overgrown plants and small trees while I battled weeds and ivy. Unfortunately, in one of the back corners, we have two neighbors who apparently love the ivy. So I'm looking at a lifetime of battling the ivy invasion from my side of the fence. Gah. However, since they're both really really old... let's just say as soon as the house is vacant, Round Up and I will have our revenge.

More great news! Doctor started me on the other pills this week. These are a daily pill as oppose to weekly like the ones and fortunately are half the price! Downside... apparently way worse side effects. Great. As if my "crazy pills" weren't bad enough. Now we have crazy 2.0. I was totally paranoid the first couple nights and took that RIGHT BEFORE bed. I'm talking crawl in bed, get situated, take the pill and hope to fall asleep within 30 seconds. I read one of the side effects is extreme fatigue. Oh man, they're not joking! This was beyond the normal "I might die if I have to get up right now" feeling. It was like trying to resurrect myself from a coma. I also had terrible bouts of dizziness and nausea the first few mornings. Thankfully, only after 5 days, I think I'm pretty use to the pills now. I haven't died anyways and that's always a good day in my book.




1. Do you apologize to your kids?
No kids yet, but yes someday, if I screw up, I will apologize to them.

2. What color are your nails right now?
Toes are this dark fuchsia and fingers are naked. Thought about painting them last night, but the toes were all the more ambition I had.

3. When you were growing up, how difficult was it for you to stay home from school sick? (As in, did you have to vomit or just say "I don't feel good".)
I didn't try to get out of school when I was younger. The inner nerd in me knew missing school always preceded a long night of catching up on homework and it wasn't an option to miss practice after school. If I was truly sick, I just told my mom and she knew I was telling the truth.

4. When is the last time you bought a new comforter for your bed?
My mother- and sisters-in-law bought Clay and I a new blue and brown comforter for my bridal shower. Now if only I made the bed enough to enjoy it.  :/

5. Favorite website(s)?
I'm a Facebook junkie all the way. I also really really love my Pinterest page. If anyone wants an invite to Pinterest, just send me your email address. Check it out, it's a really great way to organize all those photos and ideas you find online.


Well, anyways, Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone! Get out there and enjoy the sunshine!
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover