Friday, May 13, 2011

5?F

Happy super-warm-no-rain-totally-awesome Friday! The last few mornings have been absolutely beautiful and it makes me really really really not want to be trapped in the cubicle farm. I ran out for lunch today to get my MRI scans (more about that later) and I came back sweating! Hello glorious sun, I have missed you terribly! Weatherman says rain the rest of the weekend, but I hope he's wrong (like usual). My yard needs some of my undivided attention and I, Andrea, vow to spend every waking moment this weekend scouring the yard for my property stakes. I shall be victorious!

Clay and I have Dan's graduation party to go to tonight and, like always, I'm excited to see the family. I hope Dan has a great time in Detroit and loves his new job at GM. I'm very proud of him... especially after what he had to deal with regarding his surgeries and recovery time. I'm going to miss him a ton, but wish him all the best!!



1. What is your one “splurge” item, that you will always buy, no matter the cost?
I'm super Dutch and have a hard time spending money even on the necessities. Therefore, I really don't have a "splurge" item. Jeans are something that I end up spending a butt ton on only because there are only so many stores/brands that offer them long enough and usually cost $100+. Definitely not my first choice of things to spend that kind of money on, but I need some jeans. Luckily, I don't grow any (well, height that is) so I only need to buy jeans every couple years. 

2. What is your current favorite book, and why?
I will always love the Twilight series (yes, I'm one of those people). However, I just finished reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and just loved it. The Lost Symbol is the sequel to The DaVinci Code. Like all of Dan Brown's books, great story and an easy read. 

3. Do you go to the dentist regularly?
Absolutely. Every 6 months like a good girl. 

4. What is your worst memory from high school?
Probably when I chose to quit basketball. No, I don't regret my decision... it was more the politics involved. I had a coach tell me that I was stupid for quitting and dedicating myself to volleyball year round would still only land me at community college. Well, up yours lady. So many people stuck their nose in my business and gave me their unwanted two cents. Other than that, high school just pretty much sucked all around. 

5. What do you hope to be remembered for in your life?
I want people to remember me as someone who was always kind and willing to lend a hand. At my great-grandma's funeral a few years ago, everyone remembered how she'd never let a good deed go unnoticed or unrewarded. She would always bake something as a "thank you" and was always to genuinely kind to people she met. I always try to make a point to bring laughter to people's lives. I love to laugh and joke around and love it when people look to me to brighten their mood. I don't care if I'm never remembered for the sports I played or the jobs I worked... I want people to look back at my life and think, "she always made me laugh."
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover