Friday, May 20, 2011

5?F

Uh, my apologies for the lack of dog pictures and attention I've paid to my blog this week. It took me almost two days to snap out of my emotional coma earlier in the week and things went ape shit at work. Busy busy busy. Can't complain though... I'll take a busy day over a slow day at work any time! Operation Landscape update... we found three of the four property stakes! High five! I've been fighting this epic battle for several months now. Started with only one guaranteed stake in the back corner. A metal detector failed me miserably and finally had to resort to the power of a low-cut shirt to get some answers/help from the surveying company. Not one of my finer moments, but double high five! Not sure how we're going to successfully find the fourth stake because it's somewhere lost amongst a jungle of roots and sprinkler lines. Fingers crossed.

I'm definitely looking forward to tonight though. We've had this card night planned for over a month with my parents, husband and I and my sister with her new boyfriend. We had the two love birds over to our house last weekend to teach him the game and had a really great time together. Confirmed that my sister is slightly retarded, but a hilarious time none the less.




1. Do you and your spouse go to bed at the same time?
Well, 99% of the time we do... except for the occasional 4 AM Call of Duty marathon on a Saturday night. In that case, I let the 27-year-old child stay up past his bedtime while I go lay claims to the entire bed. Other than that, we head to bed at the same time. What time we actually fall asleep is a completely different matter. I toss and turn for at least a half hour thinking of all the things I didn't get done/should have done/need to get done whereas Clay passes out in about 0.064 seconds.

2. A question for the ladies...What kind of facial hair do you like on your man?
Hmm, toughie. Definitely depends on the guy though. I like Clay clean shaven... maybe a slight five o'clock shadow. I don't like crazy scratchy beard exfoliating my face when I kiss him. I do, however, like the "waaaay past five o'clock shadow, but not anywhere near a beard" look. For example, my boyfriend Robert Pattinson. Mmm.



3. What's the worst vacation you've ever taken?
I don't take bad vacations. Mainly because most of my vacations have been with my family... always an amazing time and "it never rains on my dad's vacation." I certainly wouldn't call this a vacation, but we went camping for a night with Clay's buddies somewhere in the frozen Michigan north and I froze my ass off during the night. Couldn't sleep because I was so cold, so I woke Clay up in the wee hours of the morning and told him we're going home. Yes, party pooper... but I don't like to be cold. Especially THAT cold. 

4. What's the first-ever blog you followed?
I started following Victoria Pater's blog back in college. She graduated a couple years ahead of me at Ferris and is an exceptional designer. I like to live vicariously through her... I just love her awesome jobs/opportunities and awesome Chicago loft and awesome dog Milo. :)

5. Do you enjoy amusement parks?
Hell yeah! My parents stuck Ashley and I on rollercoasters at a very young age and we haven't gotten off since. Mind you, being ungodly tall at such a young age does have it's advantages. No, I couldn't find clothes that fit me and I fell over when I walked, but I did meet the minimum height requirements on all the major rides at Cedar Point by the time I was like 5. Sorry wee people.
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover