Sunday, November 30, 2014

Brody's Big Truck Birthday

Since the whole family was going to be together on Thursday for Thanksgiving, we decided to celebrate Brody's 2nd birthday at the same time. This year's theme was really a no brainer... that little man sure does love his big trucks


I found a couple different construction cakes on Pinterest and took my favorite things from each one. So Mama Z and I made this scrumptious chocolate cake... aka mound 'o diabetes.  



We've been singing "Happy Birthday" and practicing telling people we're "two" for weeks now. Lil Man was so excited when everyone starting singing to him. And because they've been celebrating birthdays lately at daycare, he knew well enough to blow the candles out. Such a big boy! 



Side note... does this make anyone else's heart explode or just me? Gahhh... I just love these two.


Brody was showered with so many really cool trucks for his birthday. My house looks like some sort of crazy parking lot.






He also cooperated enough for us to get an updated four generations photo. 


...and a group hug with my lovers. 


I'm so thankful for another year with my precious baby boy. He is such a blessing and I can't wait to see what sort of adventures are in our future. I'm also thankful for the other man in my life. With his crazy work travel schedule and family in two other states, I am blessed that he was able to be here with me for Thanksgiving and Brody's birthday party. 

So many blessings this year. Such a happy girl. xo
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover