Sunday, February 2, 2014

DIY: Homemade Edible Fingerpaints

I'm sure all moms experience this problem at one point or another, but I am running out of ways to keep Lil Man busy during the day. Emptying out my cupboards, tearing apart magazines and hitting the play button on the answering machine over and over and over... can only entertain him for so long.

Today we decided to give fingerpainting a go. We haven't done any art/craft projects yet, so I was pretty excited to see how he'd do. Since he's still at the stage where everything goes in his mouth, I made an "edible" version just in case.


This version was super easy to make and it made quite a bit.
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1/3 C. flour
  • 2 C. water
Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan. Turn on the heat and whisk until the mixture thickens. Takes a few minutes or so. Dispense the mixture into separate containers and add food coloring. Mix thoroughly and wait until it cools before giving to the lil ones.









Masterpieces!


I put some seran wrap over the cups and I think they should keep pretty well. Although it only entertained him for less than 5 minutes and required a bath in the middle of the afternoon, it was fun and something different for once. :)
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover