Thursday, August 9, 2012

24 weeks

Wednesday marked the beginning of week 24 for Baby Arch. The lil one is the size of a cantaloupe this week weighing 12.7 to 20.8 ounces at 10.5 to 11.8 inches long! (Probably longer with these genes.) Baby's skin is gradually becoming more opaque and is starting to have a pink glow due to newly formed capillaries.

Last night we had our follow up Level II ultrasound. The purpose of this was to see if the choroid plexus cyst (CPC) was still present, growing or completely gone at this point. I was very excited to have both Clay and Mama Z there. Even though the ultrasound went way too quickly and we didn't get to see as many cool views as last time, the technician stated that she did not see any signs of the cyst. I don't know if they'll go back and take a closer look later or if that was the final diagnosis, but we'll have a for sure answer on Tuesday when we go see the OB. Fingers crossed!







The ultrasound lady also informed us that Lil Arch apparently had a growth spurt over the last four weeks. All measurements pointed towards almost 26 weeks! How crazy that he/she has been dead on with the measurements the entire timeline and then all of a sudden jumps ahead nearly two weeks. She said we're looking at a due date of November 15 now. Bahaha, thank you gods of anti-hunting! This lady could be way off on her prediction, but it was hilarious to hear her say opening day as a due date. Oh karma...

Other than the ultrasound, things are still going (and growing) well. Leg cramps are starting up... oh goody. Went on a grocery shopping spree the other day and loaded up on lots of "must-eat pregnancy foods." I kinda fell off the bandwagon with eating my fruits and veggies, but this week I'm back on track full force. Been trying new smoothies and shakes too. I figure texture is no longer an issue with my fruits once they've taken a spin through the blender. Problem solved.

Will probably schedule my glucose tolerance test next week. Hopefully that's no big deal. I've also had two more people approach me at work this week and say "I had no idea you were pregnant!" Um, how did the large bump in my shirt not give that away? Are people beginning to think that this weight gain is strictly from my Oreo bingeing? Crap.

Nursery is coming along b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l-l-y! Carpet was installed on Monday (thank you Mama Z for coming over mid day to supervise installation while we were at work!) Clay installed a nice new light fixture/ceiling fan in the nursery and assembled the crib. Thank you to Mark too for helping move the rest of the furniture in... even though you thought you were only coming over to shoot your bow. ;) Only a couple more weeks until showers and then I can finally start putting everything away instead of in a huge pile in the guest room!

1 comment:

  1. Good Lord are you from my home town. Opening weekend of deer season shooting bows et cetera. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my blog! Follow me on Twitter at @aarch5!

Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover