Thursday, August 16, 2012

25 weeks

Lil Arch is the size of a cauliflower now! The average fetus measures about 13.6 to 14.8 inches and weighs about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds. Baby now enjoys the new sense of equilibrium and can tell which way is up and which is down. He/she is also busy growing more hair and fattening up (wow, something else we have in common).  ;)

25 weeks


Total weight gain/loss:

My doctor and I apparently have very different numbers for weight gain, but hers are lower... so roughly 16-18 lbs. And growing and growing and growing... 

Milestones:
Our level II ultrasound indicated that the choroid plexus cyst was gone and no other abnormalities were found. Yay for super awesome news! I also saw the baby move on Monday. Any movements have been super muffled so I was beyond excited to see a limb come poking out of the side of my belly. Still very subtle and few and far in between, but miraculous and exciting just the same.

I'm also coming up on my glucose test in 3 weeks. Then, after that, I'm already at bi-weekly doctor's appointments. It was so weird to schedule those appointments as well as my weekly ones. Ready or not, Lil Arch is on its way!

...and because I'm such a nerd, here's a peak at my blob-like body over the last few months. Pregnancy animated gifs... who does that?! Shameful.



Maternity clothes:
I hate shopping for maternity clothes. :( I was on a mission last weekend to find a "little" black maternity dress for my sister-in-law's November wedding. Fail. Yes, maternity clothes manufacturers, I'd like to feel like a frumpy whale in an outfit resembling a Hefty garbage bag with straps. Nothing would make me feel sexier. Mama Z and I ventured out last night and luckily found one at Target.

I also purchased two more pairs of leggings and a pair of maternity jeans to hopefully tide me over. I also grabbed my own men's large tshirt since Clay apparently doesn't like me depleting his shirt supply. I love that this amazing weather has allowed me to wear skirts to work, but I'm afraid it's going to get super cold all of a sudden and I'm going to be S.O.L. So yeah, it may be 30 degrees out, but I'll be the one truckin' across the parking lot in a skirt or pair of capris. Oh well. I wonder what work's policy is on showing up in sweatpants and one of Clay's tshirts... hmmmmm, better consult the handbook.

Stretch marks:
Still none. Thank you god of awesome genetics! The linea nigra (that creepy dark line down the center of your belly) hasn't shown up either yet. Phew. 

Sleep:
Sleep still sucks and is pretty much non-existant. Jumpy, crampy legs with burning feet attached to them. I thought Clay beat me up in my sleep the other night because when I woke up, my head was throbbing, chest was so tight I could barely breath, both calves cramped up and super sore pelvic joints. Nothin' like feeling like a million bucks first thing in the morning. Plus when I'm super tired in the late afternoons or evenings and I take a short nap, that usually means no falling back asleep until the wee hours of the morning. 

Best moment last week:
Besides the good news from the doctor about the CPC and seeing/feeling the baby move, Clay and his buddy moved the crib and dressers into the nursery after we got done painting and had new carpet installed. I LOVE our nursery. I absolutely cannot wait until we get our glider and closet organizer in along with all the rest of the nursery goodies!

Aaaaaaand... hearing the ultrasound tech say that baby's new "due date" was opening day of gun season was priceless. Oh karma, you silly lil boy... 

Movement:
I think since the movements aren't occurring that often and they're very subtle, I forget sometimes that there's a baby in there and it's not just my stomach growling at me. Seeing it finally move was such a special moment... keep kickin' all you want lil dude/dudette! 

Food cravings:
I had a healthy food rampage last week. Lots of fruit concoctions swimming through my blender and protein and spinach for lunches. I also made my flaxseed energy balls and chocolate avocado fudge for my sweet treats. Also, my name is Andrea and I haven't had an Oreo in almost 4 weeks. 

Gender:
Still holding strong and still don't know. Thank you ultrasound techs for not spilling the beans!

Labor signs:
Still too early.

Belly button in/out: 
Still in innie, but it's slowly flattening out. Aaaaahhh, the horror! I don't like weird belly buttons!! 

Annoyances:
Not being able to lift ANYTHING and always hobbling around like a 90 year old lady.

Mood swings:
Still no tolerance for your 'tude. None. I will become very pissy and then probably cry. That's just how it is. Give me a hug or walk away. 

What I miss:
Fitting into clothes. My bland and tiny wardrobe gets smaller and less acceptable by the day. It was a sad day when I had to change out of my sweatpants into a pair of Clay's because my own elastic waisted pants were too tight. Booooo. 

What I'm looking forward to:
BABY SHOWERS! The Archambault shower is this Sunday and the Neiser/Zylstra shower is next Sunday. I cannot wait. My need to nest is consuming me, but the OCD says I can't start washing and organizing baby stuff until I have everything I need. Aaaaah inner turmoil! 
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover