Monday, January 16, 2012

No-Bake Energy Bites recipe

These tasty lil morsels came from Pinterest (of course). I've been forgetting to buy flaxseed for weeks now, but I finally remembered tonight. For those of you who are still sticking to your New Year's resolution to eat healthier, I definitely recommend these as a delicious snack! They have some healthy ingredients in them and great flavor!

Before today, I had never eaten flaxseed (knowingly). So out of curiosity, I googled the health benefits to find out why this was a necessary ingredient. Turns out flaxseed is pretty good for you... who'da thunk?!

  • Great source of fiber and works as a natural laxative
  • Contains concentrated amounts of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an omega-3 fat
  • Lowers cholesterol
  • Great source of magnesium
  • An ounce of ground flaxseed per day regulates estrogen levels in post-menopausal women
  • Protects post-menopausal women from heart disease
  • Decreases insulin resistance and may protect against diabetes
  • May prevent or slow the spread of prostate cancer
  • May prevent or slow the spread of melanoma

Eat up everyone! They're nummy!


Healthy AND delicious? High five!

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 C. oatmeal
  • 1/2 C. peanut butter (or some other nut butter)
  • 1/3 C. honey
  • 1 C. coconut flakes
  • 1/2 C. ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 C. mini chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

INSTRUCTIONS
Mix everything together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy.

Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to one week.

1 comment:

  1. I am def making these! I have been looking for a good recipe for these and this one I enjoy, minus the coconut..I hate coconut!! I wish I liked it but my taste buds tell me otherwise ;) Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for checking out my blog! Follow me on Twitter at @aarch5!

Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover