Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pups + Stuff

Again, blogging failure. Every so often, I get into these funks where I have so many little projects going on at once and I have no clue how I let it get so out of control. Between scheduling dirt deliveries, renting bobcats, researching hydro-seeding, my long long overdue wedding album, refinishing the kitchen table, refinishing the bookshelf, editing photos for mom, blah blah blah etc. I think I need to use up my week of vacation to get my life in control. Speaking of vacation, I think our Cedar Point/West Virginia getaway is cancelled.  :(   Total bummer. Between needing the extra weekends for yard projects, finding a place for Zora to stay and weighing budgeting options... cancelled. I was really looking forward to it to. But oh well, sometime in the future I guess.

Hmm, what else. Miss Zora is growing more and more every day. Fatty pants is creeping up on the 50 lb. mark and is definitely at the peak of puppy stage. The digging is pretty excessive right now which does NOT please me especially with plans of hauling 200 cubic yards of dirt into our backyard over the next few weeks. Ooooh Miss Zora. If you plan on spending any time outside during our little landscaping fiesta, best not to lift a paw. She's been doing so well sleeping at night in our room and going into her crate in the mornings and at noon. I can't wait to see how she'll adjust if we leave her out of the crate while we're gone. Baby steps at first for sure, but I think/hope she'll adjust quickly.

I've been playing on this beach volleyball league at the Holland State Park the last few weeks. A girl from work asked me to join her team with a friend of hers and her boyfriend. Good competition, some crazy ass weather... fun times. Clay will actually be subbing for us tonight. I'm really excited since we've never actually played vball together. We use to just volley back and forth in the backyard, but nothing competitive. Should be lots of fun... hopefully the weather holds out.

Well, since I've been totally slacking on pup pictures, I'll post a few from the Harbor Humane Society today. I was quite shocked at the variety of breeds there right now. Usually it's chihuahuas, hounds and pits. Have a great day all!

Adam is a male Chihuahua mix.

Korso is a male Irish Wolfhound Terrier mix.

Lilly is a female Pit Bull Terrier.

Sahara is a female Basenji Labrador Retriever.

Sprinkles is a female Shepherd mix.

Trina is a female Chow Chow Labrador Retriever mix.

Willie is a male Pomeranian Finnish Spitz.
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover