Sunday, August 21, 2011

Dining Room Facelift

When Clay and I first purchased our house, after weeks of carpet picnics, we finally bought a used dining room table and six chairs from a couple in Spring Lake. Wasn't in the greatest shape ever, but still looked very nice and was a reasonable price. Itching to start another project and my OCD kicking in, my brown dining room table needed a little TLC to match my black and white room.

A couple months ago, my mom and I started weekly paint dates to start stripping the varnish off, sanding out the dents and slapping on the black lacquer. Saturday we finally tackled the table and legs, successfully getting two coats on it in one day. Just to be on the safe side, I'm going to let all the pieces hide out in my spare bedroom to fully cure before we use them. I can't wait to put everything back together and get it out into the dining room... but for now, here's a sneak peak.  :)

One table, three leaves, four legs and six chairs... just waiting to assemble.
Since our card table is supporting our painted dining room table, I guess the patio furniture is coming inside.

And no post is complete without at least one dog reference. Miss Zora is a huge baby. A huge, huge baby and I just love it. When she's not in puppy mode, she's a great cuddler. ;)

Big babies. xoxo
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover