Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Wife = Happy Marriage

Thank you Stumble for another life-relevant web site for me to waste my time on. Between Facebook, Stumbleupon and Pinterest, sometimes I wonder how I get anything done. Anyways, I decided to post this list of 30 Ways to Keep HER Happy and 30 Ways to Keep HIM Happy. I find this especially relevant since we're still in wedding season and I've had quite a few friends and family members celebrating anniversaries lately. Below are the points I find most relevant in my own life... for the full list, go here.



30 Ways to Keep HER Happy

1. SMS her some love during the day.
I love getting texts and emails during the day. Not the "what are you fixing for dinner" kind, the "was just thinking about you" kind. 

3. Cook dinner from time to time. Husbands who cook have happier marriages.
Amen. Feel free husbands. I'm sure you can find your way around the kitchen.

4. Stay and help while cleaning up after meals. Many couples fight over cleaning up. If you do it together, it will take half the time.

6. Say "I love you" when you meet and when you say good-bye.
"Always kiss me goodnight."

9. When she is upset, listen to her but do not try to give advice (unless she asks for it).
How true! When I'm venting or upset about something, the last thing I want is advice. Just listen!!!

12. Write her love notes and put them in places where she would not expect to find them, like inside the laundry basket, on the mirror in the bathroom, inside her wallet or on the visor in her car.
Aww, I miss the days when sticky notes were hidden all over my dorm. :Sigh:

14. Offer some technical help if she is struggling with remotes, computers or electrical wiring.

15. Say something nice about her choice in clothes.
If I take the time to crawl out of my sweatpants and put some effort into my appearance, please make some indication that you've noticed.

17. Give her a massage.
Yaaaaaaaaaay back rubs!

18. You are strong and manly. Take the garbage out.
I'm no feminist, but I believe that if I'm going to be inside cooking meals, cleaning, laundry, etc... you manly men can take the trash out, cut the lawn and fix shit. 

21. Give her a kiss for no reason. Kiss for the love of kissing. Kiss in the morning and remember to always, always, always kiss at night before you fall asleep, even (especially) if you have just had a fight.

24. Learn how to use the washing machine and use it without being asked.
For real! I'll even leave detailed instructions for you. Trust me, it's not that hard.

28. Hold her hand even when there are people around. It is a public display of affection and this is important to her.
I'm not talking freshman hallway PDA, but a little TLC around the general population is always nice.

30. Keep a photo of her in your wallet.
Or on your desk... in your car. Somewhere that makes us think that you want to show us off. 



30 Ways to Keep HIM Happy

1. Give him some time to watch his favorite TV show (OK, shows).
Consider your Call Of Duty time a privilege. 

7. Tell him how much you love him. Say "I love you" when you meet and when you say good-bye, even on the phone.

8. Ask him about his day and listen.

11. Tell him he is right sometimes.

15. Make him his favorite dish and remember to tell him that you chose the dish especially for him.
Any time I can make dinner and not screw it up, it's a good day. Let's not get too choosey here. 

16. Wash his car as a surprise (or get the kids to do it for a double bonus).
I'm sorry, but a car full of Mt. Dew cans and hunting/fishing crap... no way in hell.

21. Get him his favorite after-shave before his old bottle runs out.
I'm pretty sure things applies to everything because if women didn't monitor things like shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, etc.... life would come to a screeching halt.

25. Make a genuine effort to get along with his mom.
I'm thinking this should go under ways to keep HER happy.

29. Touch him from time to time. When he is busy, just walk up to him and run your fingers through his hair.
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover