Monday, December 15, 2014

Birthday Weekend: My Last Year as a 20-Something

Last Thursday, I celebrated my 29th birthday. Ah yes, 29. The oldest I'll ever admit to being and the age I will celebrate every year from this point on. Guess that means my mom and I are the same age now, right? 


Thursday began with a birthday lunch at home with Mama Z and Lil Man. I guess he prefers it when people sing "Happy Birthday" to him because singing to mommy only made him angry. Chocolate cupcakes brought back the happiness. 

When I returned back to work after lunch, I was called down to the main lobby for a visitor. There was this cute man waiting for me with a beautiful arrangement of flowers. :) Turns out flowers were only the beginning... I came home to a brand new TV mounted on my wall. Maybe it's because Ryan got tired of watching his sports on my crappy freebie TV from college, but regardless, he spoils me. 


Took Friday off of work to do some Christmas shopping with my mom and sister. We spent the day in Grandville, but met up with my dad, grandparents, brother-in-law and Ryan later that evening for our birthday dinner (and by "our," I mean Ashley and I have the same birthday so it's tradition that we always have a family birthday dinner together.) 



With Brody at his dad's for the rest of the weekend, Ryan and I finally got to spend some time together. His travel schedule for work has been pretty brutal lately with him only home for a day or two every couple weeks. We spent Saturday wrapping up Christmas shopping and seeing The Mockingjay.


Sunday was back to reality. Spent the afternoon over at Mom and Dad's house. Grandma, Grandpa, Ashley and Adam all stopped by to see Lil Man and join us for our "snowman" party. Yes, Frozen is on a 24-hour loop even at Grandma's. 


I'd say 29 started off pretty well. Spent the weekend with and was spoiled by all my favorite people. Can't ask for anything more. Thank you everyone for all the birthday love on Facebook! Here's to another wonderful year... 


Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover