Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

This was one of the most productive weekends I've had in a long time. With Brody at his dad's and Ryan gone for work, it was just Zora, me and a super long to-do list for most of the weekend.

I met up with my parents Saturday night at the West Olive nursery. My plan was to walk around and get some ideas for my yard, but I ended up leaving with a rhododendron, an azalea, two blueberries bushes and two hydrangeas. I've been putting off landscaping for a few years now, but I'm making an effort to at least plant/move a few shrubs and get all 300+ feet of blocks in place... at some point this summer.


Plant shopping made us hungry. Date night at Logan's with the parentals.


Miss Zora is still not quite herself yet. She has about another week and a half of meds, so I'm hoping she'll start to perk up then. Poor baby. :(



Sunday was spent at my grandma and grandpa's house grilling out and spending time around the pool with family. Lil Man and I braved the chilly water and had a wonderful time. He sure does love the water. 


...and then there's this stud. Ryan's been in Indiana for work for the past couple weeks and unfortunately did not have a long weekend like most of us. Since he was originally scheduled to work both Saturday and Monday, I knew I wouldn't be seeing him at all. I was pretty bummed since this was the first family gathering of the summer and I was dying to introduce him to the rest of my family. Well, he drove the 10 hour round trip to spend the afternoon with me and my family. I think I shall keep him around. ;)




The big project over the weekend was cleaning and organizing my garage. Oh happiness! 


...and then there was getting the new plants in the ground and moving hostas around. Before and after landscaping pics to come soon.  


I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and can survive the short week!
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover