Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Parents: The Original Pintesters Circa 1990

I absolutely LOVE upcycled kids toys. Whether it's as simple as a fresh coat of paint or turning an ugly entertainment center into a tiny kitchen... love it. I'm also in awe of people who can take any object and see it for something completely different. You know, like "these black coasters will make great stove burners!" Yeah, those people. I want to be you.

I can't wait until Brody is interested in toys other than his epileptic singing sun. I'm already starting to skim through Craigslist looking for some super cheap furniture just waiting for some TLC and a glue gun.

Since Brody is going to be a year old in less than 8 1/2 months, I've already started planning his birthday both in my mind and on Pinterest. (No judging.) I'm pretty sure I need to make him something super awesome... whether he's old enough to play with it by then or not.

Way back in my youth (1990), my parents made my sister and I this humungous Barbie house. Dad built the entire house from scratch and even included the appropriate carpet and wallpaper for each room that matched the house we were in at the time. Bad ass, I know.

My parents were Pinteresting way before it was cool.





I think my parents actually still have this packed in the attic... which only means one thing:

Brody needs a sister.

Check out these other super cool DIY upcycled kids toys:


1. Picnic Table Redo by Caroline Frei  2. Reversible Lego Playtable by Sascha Romeo  3. Toy Grill by Kate's Creative Space  4. Manly Play Kitchen by McBaby Bump3  5. Toy Kitchen by Green Your Decor  6. Repainted Little Tykes Playhouse by Little Bee Mama  7. Dress Up Station by Vintage Revivals  8. Refashioned Batmobile Cozy Coupe by Sweet CS Designs  9. Toy Kitchen by Young House Love  10. Toy Tool Work Bench by Giggleberry Creations
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover