Friday, October 18, 2013

Sunshine Friday

Sometimes... life is a little rough. Those days where it's a struggle to climb out of that debilitating funk and refocus attention towards the positive. We've all had 'em. As a working mom, I know I have less than 7 miles to tune out all the negativity from whatever may have happened earlier that day and get into happy mommy mode. Even though Brody is my own little ball of sunshine and always capable of bringing a smile to my face, my Friday posts are now dedicated to recapping all the moments during the week that made my life a little brighter...

1. Brody's little noggin is helmet-free! I'll have all the details on the blog hopefully this weekend, but for now, I'm catching up on the millions of kisses his perfect little face and head have been missing out on.


2. I participated in my first blog giveaway this week with my cousin Laura over at Relatively Offbeat. A $100 Sephora e-gift card is still up for grabs until the 21st. Head on over and enter to win!


3. Lil Man is becoming so much more independent lately. Tear. He is actually playing with his toys for longer periods of time and is really fascinated by moving parts. I'm so glad to see him focus on real toys rather than all the things he shouldn't be playing with...


3. ...like these damn rocks. Kid is obsessed with them. Some days I go hide them in the closet. Other days... whatever floats his boat.


4. Brody's 5th tooth is working its way through right now. So the other night when he was cranky and Zora had a ton of energy, I decided to take my chances with Mother Nature and go for a walk. Of course, when we were at the furthest point from the house, it started down pouring. Naturally. So I kicked off my sandals that were one step away from the band completely ripping, threw them in the bottom of the stroller and started sprinting the mile back home. So if anyone in the area saw a lady in cut off sweatpants and a winter fleece with a dog and stroller running through the neighborhood, in the rain, barefoot like some kind of hobo... yeah, that was me. Brody slept through the entire thing and it stopped raining as soon as we hit the driveway. Of course.


5. Then there are the days I run out of ideas on how to keep him happy, so we stroll through Walmart and people watch for awhile. This activity will most definitely have to stop someday when he can verbally express how he feels about the trainwrecks we come across.


6. Last weekend, the weather was beautiful so I decided to take down a couple of pine trees that were shading an area where grass was sparse. One of the trees, I pushed over one-handed. Yikes... that was probably one windstorm away from destroying my fence. Zora was super excited about the "big stick" I cut down for her. She slowly drug the tree across the yard until I could get the chainsaw hooked up. Then as I cut the tree into pieces and clipped off the branches, she took all the pieces and left them around the yard. So helpful.


7. This video cracks me up. Miss Nutters, the one-eyed cat dog, also is a bed stealer. Zora and Zayla just stare at her plopped down in the middle of their big beds, sigh and walk away. 


8. Oreos are as addictive as cocaine. This would explain my almost 50 pound pregnancy weight gain. However, I didn't need a study to tell me that... those two empty rows staring back at me after one sitting communicated pretty well that I have a problem. My name is Andrea and I am an addict.


9. Although things have been incredibly busy and hectic lately, I'm wrapping up this week on a high note. Cheers to taking chances. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover