Thursday, April 4, 2013

Finding Me Time: Body + Beauty Battles

I love that Lil Tank runs on such a predictable schedule. Wakes up at 6:00 AM, eats 8 oz every 4 hours, back to sleep between 7-8:00 PM. It does suck a little bit that he goes to sleep so early. We have a lot of kisses and cuddles that have to fit in the few hours I have with him after work. However, I know that a couple hours in the evening to myself or spent with Clay is healthy to have.

Lately I use some of that available time to workout. No more excuses for not fitting into my clothes. I found the BeFit YouTube channel has a ton of workout videos and started Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred about a week and a half ago.


So far I really like it. Isn't so hard it makes you want to quit, yet I feel like I got a really good workout in. Best part, 25 minutes. No excuses for not being able to fit that into my day. I love how it reminds me of the abuse my body took during all those years of sports. Lunges and squats are accompanied by the lovely sound and sensation of my knees grinding and popping. 

So far I'm down 35 pounds with about another 15 to go to get down to my pre-baby weight. SIDE NOTE: Be sure to check out I Like Beer and Babies on Monday, April 22. Me and my inner fatty grew a pair and submitted some photos for her "Body by Baby" segment. Eek!

In other self-improvement news, I have this itch to do something drastic to my hair. But then I think back to the two other times I chopped off my hair and the growing out mullet stages that lasted F-O-R-E-V-E-R and the appeal disappears... a bit. 

Yes, did this. Twice.

Here are my issues regarding hair though... 
  1. I CANNOT style my own hair. At all. I can't even use bobby pins properly. I was born without that girl gene apparently. I rely on my younger sister to do my hair (and make-up) for special occasions.
  2. I have this super thick hair that tangles so easily. So instead of dealing with it, I throw it up into a wet ponytail (unbrushed) after I shower every night. I know, BIG no-no.
  3. There's this overwhelming anxiety issue I have if hair is in my face. No joke.
That's why you don't ever see me without my hair in a ponytail. I figured a giant messy knot thrown up on top of my head is better than this frizzy, disheveled mess falling in my face. But what does one do without the skills and know-how or the help of little sister when wanting to look nice the 2-3 times a year I give a shit?! AAAHHHH INNER TURMOIL! 

I need someone to move into my house that does my hair in the morning, watches Brody and Zora all day, then kicks my ass into shape at night. Any takers?

1 comment:

Thank you for checking out my blog! Follow me on Twitter at @aarch5!

Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover