Friday, June 10, 2011

5?F

Alas, Friday has arrived... although I was pretty positive that Friday was yesterday. Well, at least it seemed like it. Last night, Clay and I went downtown to see the street performers. It was pretty fun... something different at least. Got to hear some people sing, pet a few doggies and got a Gentex balloon. Yeah, I'm that cool. Tonight's plans include hanging out with mom and continuing to paint the kitchen table. With all the chairs finally done, we're onto the table and leaves. Hopefully it stops raining so we can paint outside vs. the dirty garage.

T-minus one week until fence installation begins! Woo hoo! I have Friday off and am ready to get to work. Unfortunately, we ran into some snags with fence prep and we may have to move a few sprinkler lines. I can only guess who the lucky one will be that gets to dig trenches. Yaaaay me! :(

Today is my nephew Jarrett's 2nd birthday. Happy Birthday buddy! There's a party for him tomorrow and on Sunday, Clay and I are going on a super top secret mission. Yes, a secret mission. No one knows about it. Let's just say I'm super excited and am hoping everything works out so I can spill the beans. (No mom, no grandbabies). Stay tuned! Have a great weekend everyone! xoxo



1. How close to your childhood dreams is your life now?
My childhood dreams were to graduate college, get a great job, get married, get a dog and have some kids. My dreams are about 85% complete. My whole life is going to plan more than I could have ever hoped for. There are days when I'm just completely dumbfounded when I think about how awesome my life is. The only things are are missing or haven't happened yet are getting a dog, having some kids and convincing Moose and Phil to move to Holland.  ;)

2. What is one must have item for the summer?
Usually, I'd say flip flops. Flip flops always mean summer is here and my not-so-cute-toes love to be free. However, this year's ultimate summer must-have is my fence! (And eventually some grass). There's nothing I love more than spending a hot summer's day outside. A fully functioning lawn means some privacy when I want to lay out and a doggy.

3. Do you have your kids stay up on school stuff during summer vacation? (Or, if you don't have kiddos, did your parents make you keep up on school stuff during summer?)
Hell no. Mom and dad were like, "Go outside! Be free!"

4. Do you can or freeze fresh produce?
I eventually want to plant a garden and can my own fruits and veggies. Fruits? Veggies? Andrea? Ok, so I really just mean yellow beans and hopefully some sort of berry. Someday...

5. Do you get ready for the day first thing in the morning?
Um, yeah. Here's why. When I wake up, first things I think of are peeing and coffee (and not necessarily in that order). I would immediately go start the coffee, but running water makes me have to pee more. Well, can't travel out into the kitchen without contacts in because I'm pretty sure I'm legally blind and I can't put contacts in without washing my face and I can't wash my face without pulling my hair back, but I can't always pull back my hair if I don't have my contacts in. Gah! Such a vicious circle! ;) But yes, the basics are as far as I go to "get ready" for the day. Weekends don't even include changing out of my sleeping sweats... they just become all day sweats. I'm kinda lazy, sorry.
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover