Friday, November 22, 2013

Dum Dums and Tippy Toes

No, I didn't die... just sounds like I'm going to. I've been trying to get this post out for a couple weeks now, but between a sinus infection, Brody being sick, a ton of Etsy orders/freelance projects, general holiday madness and getting ready for Brody's 1st birthday... I'm pooped.

These past couple weeks have been so incredible though! Lots of huge changes have happened in my life and my lil man has grown up significantly right before my eyes. I couldn't be happier with where things are at right now. I feel incredibly blessed.


Walking Machine
Yup, Brody is officially walking. Well, most of the time. When he's in the mood, he can walk clear across the room (unless I'm trying to show someone how well he walks... then he turns me into a bull shitter.) This tiny dancer seems to only want to walk on his tip toes though. I'm hoping the cool walking shoes Mama Z and I picked up for him will help him out.



First Haircut
Watching lil man get his first haircut was so exciting and sad at the same time. My baby is growing up so fast, but I was extremely proud of how well he did. I was almost certain I'd have to put him in a head lock in order to get his hair trimmed up, but thankfully the stylist came to the rescue with a Dum Dum sucker. Kid didn't budge the entire time. He LOVED IT! We just took off a little bit all the way around... nothing too drastic. I like his bangs a little longer, but he's so adorable regardless. xoxo


Not the greatest of a "before and after," but he's a wiggly little boy.



Down with the Sickness
I have a pretty great immune system... until that 20-something pound snot machine coughs in my face. I can instantly feel the sickness coming on and sure enough, within 24 hours, I'm down for the count. Brody's been battling a nasty cough for quite awhile now, so it was inevitable I was doomed. Last Saturday, I developed a horribly dry cough that has persisted ALL WEEK. I'm sure my co-workers have had it with my hacking. After depleting every OTC med with absolutely no relief, I went to the doctor's this morning. Apparently I have a sinus infection and a whole slew of new meds to take. I'm super excited about my codeine-induced coma tonight.



It's a Paw-ty!
A week from today is Lil Man's first birthday! Holy cow!!! I've been hauling ass to get things ready for his doggy themed paw-ty. ;) C'mon folks, how could I miss out on a chance to blend the two loves of my life together? So yes, it's a Brody/doggy explosion in my basement right now and I cannot wait to share with you all the annoyingly cutesy decorations I've been whipping together. Gah. Adorbs. 


Sunshine Fridays
The thought process behind my Sunshine Friday posts was to refocus my attention on the positives in my life. These last few months have been pretty rough on my family and it was time for me to take stock of my life. Get rid of the people and things that caused me pain and self-doubt and only surround myself with love and happiness. As I said earlier, I feel incredibly blessed right now. I have a lot to look forward to right now and as my birthday approaches, I'm anxious for what 28 has to offer.
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover