Friday, September 27, 2013

Sunshine Friday

Sometimes... life is a little rough. Those days where it's a struggle to climb out of that debilitating funk and refocus attention towards the positive. We've all had 'em. As a working mom, I know I have less than 7 miles to tune out all the negativity from whatever may have happened earlier that day and get into happy mommy mode. Even though Brody is my own little ball of sunshine and always capable of bringing a smile to my face, my Friday posts are now dedicated to recapping all the moments during the week that made my life a little brighter...

1. Last weekend, Brody, Zora and I spent some time in Muskegon with Mama and Papa Z. Took all 3 of us to control Wild Thing during church. He apparently thought it was hilarious to stand up on our laps and yell out over the congregation. The people around us got a good chuckle. Afterwards, we went to B-Dubs for dinner. Since there were plenty of TVs to offer up a distraction, Brody did very well. (Yes, we like sticking odds and ends in his helmet...)


2. I've been plugging away at Brody's birthday present and party details. His gift is almost done, theme has been selected, menu almost thought through and the pennant/banner making has begun. Yes, I'm well aware his birthday isn't for another two months. Just roll with it...  


3. Watching Lil Man torment Zora in his walker is downright hilarious. She frantically runs away from him and he just giggles and screams right after her. I secretly think Zora likes it because she'll be all safe up on the her couch and as soon as I put Brody in the walker, she'll run right over to him. Sneaky girl.


4. Can we say BEAUTIFUL weather this week!? Not a huge fan of the chilly mornings, but oh that sunshine by lunchtime... xoxo


5. A huge thank you to Mama and Papa Z for all the help getting my basement up and running. Between the three of us, we've scrubbed the carpet six times over the last week. Yeah, six. After moving some furniture, it was very apparent where a certain messy Mountain Dew drinking, junk food junkie gamer preferred to park his carcass. After some rearranging and setting up Brody's play area, the kids have a lot of running room. 


6. Mister, where are your pants?

7. I'm totally in awe of the super cool furniture upcycle projects on Pinterest. Especially the ones where DIYers take old dressers and turn them into TV stands. I found a free dresser on Craigslist today. It looks a bit pathetic now and who knows, maybe I won't be able to do anything with it... but it'll be a fun project to work on. 


8. Happy 1st Birthday (yesterday) to my fellow co-worker's little boy, Asa! It seems like just yesterday we were a couple fatties waddling down the hallway at work. I'm looking forward to celebrating on Saturday.


9. Went and saw a podiatrist yesterday. Yes, I'm having killer toe problems... again. Decided to set up an appointment in a couple weeks to have half of both big toenails permanently removed. I'm so tired of having problems with my toes. It's getting ridiculous. So I'm super excited to get this taken care of.

10. Saving the best, happiest news for last... my bestie Sarah is moving back to the mitten from Florida next month!!! I haven't seen her in way too long and miss her terribly. Congrats Moose on the new job and I wish you and your family the best of luck with moving and readjusting to Michigan winters. Can't wait to come visit. :)  
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover