Saturday, March 29, 2014

The End

My blog was never meant to be my diary or my therapist, even as therapeutic as it can be. My readers know fairly well that most of my life is documented, unedited, on the Internet through candid photos and unfiltered stories. However, for the last 8 months, I've kept pretty quiet about a large part of my life.

I used to have my life all figured out... graduate college, get a job, get married, buy a house, adopt a dog, have 2-ish kids by the time I'm 30, grow old happy. How I woke up a 28-year-old single mother working full-time and battling through a long, messy divorce is beyond me.

Because men boys are ass holes, that's why.

Yesterday, the person who I've been with for twelve years... the father of my child... and I officially ended our marriage.

It is my conviction that our legal system is disturbingly flawed and those who suffer the most are, sadly, the children. The judges, lawyers and computer generated equations have no clue what happened behind closed doors, yet they're the ones who determine a child's fate. Michigan, you can take your no-fault divorce policies and shove 'em. Deep.

I am a true believer in karma. I walked out of the courtroom yesterday knowing we fought hard and we fought fair. We played by the rules. We know that and God knows that, and in the end, that's all that matters.

Those who decided to cheat and lie and manipulate... both me and the system... know that the only person you hurt was Brody. For that, you should be beyond ashamed. I find solace in knowing that someday you shall pay for your sins.


Deep breath.


These last 8 months (well, couple years, actually) have been the toughest times of my life. It is only by the grace of God and the love and support of my amazing parents that I am still standing. Mom... Dad... I couldn't have survived this without you. You guys have been my rock and for that, I am truly blessed and will never be able to fully repay you for what you have done for me and Brody.

Thank you to my family and ones closest to me for your continued prayers and support throughout this entire ordeal. God bless you all. With my head held high and big girl panties on, I look forward to the future and finding happiness again. xo
Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover