Friday, July 12, 2013

Babies Have No Bones -- Brody Updates

Apparently Brody's Aunt Z feels I'm slacking on Brody updates. My bad. 

Lil Man isn't crawling yet, but that's not stopping him from being all over the place! He loves to get up on all fours and rock back and forth... and then face plant into the floor. We used to put him on his playmat in the crib (Zora-free zone) until we found out that he's able the roll the whole thing on its side and then flatten it. Guess that activity is done with. 


Brody's been sleeping a ton lately... and in the weirdest positions. Somedays, I'm convinced babies have no bones. There's just no other explanation for the weird positions they can get themselves into. 



I've come to the conclusion that Brody is sort of a lazy lil turd genius. I realize that babies develop and have their "firsts" at different times, but this kid refuses to hold his bottle, crawl, pull himself up, sit on his own, say anything close to resembling a word, etc. I seriously think he's taking advantage of me doing all the work. 



We had another helmet appointment this week. His measurements have gone from a .966 to .93 to .925... so definitely improving. He still doesn't even notice it's on and I'm actually pretty grateful for it now that he's all over the place. On the other hand, I think he's getting so use to being able to hit his head against things that when the helmet is off, sometimes bumping his head really surprises him.


Last night, Clay, Brody and I went to downtown Holland to see the Street Performers. It was a beautiful night out and the streets were packed. It's such a great area to roam around and check out the shops. Lil Man cruised around in his strolled and never made a peep. We also swung by Captain Sundae to finish off the evening. 



In non-Brody news... I left Zora home alone and crate-less today during my run at lunch. Came home to only a few toys thrown around the kitchen. Rugs were still in tact, she didn't jump the baby gate, door stoppers were still in the wall... bravo good girl! Even though she really likes her crate, I'd like to get to the point where she's comfortable roaming the house while we're gone. Coming home every day at lunch to let her stretch her legs gets a little old.

Speaking of running, I bought some new running shoes and am almost through week 2 of the Couch to 5K program. Haven't died and I'm down 6.5 pounds since the beginning of the month. I also picked up a jogging stroller at a garage sale after work for $30. Overall... go me!


Related Posts
Pin It button on image hover